772-460-8700 | 1390 S 27th St Fort Pierce, FL 34947
Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
Discover More About Appointments and Repair Services At Mike's Performance Garage in Fort Pierce
Auto Repair Near Palm City
Auto Repair Near Hutchinson Island
10% OFFview coupon
Law Enforcement & First Responders
Teri Henrickson, 02/15/2021
Our daughter was in Florida on vacation. Her car broke down and she had it towed to another shop that tried to charge her a small fortune because she was a young girl from out of town that didn't know any better. We had the car towed to Mike's instead. They worked their tails off to fix her car and get our girl back on the road for considerably less money. They did a great job, worked fast and for a great price. They definitely helped a worried mom from Michigan. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Mike's to EVERYONE!! Thank you guys so very much for all you did!!!!